Admission at the best MFE courses (Berkeley, Columbia..)

Hi guys,

I am just registered and I wuold like to explain my questions, for family reasons when I took my high school degree I could not go to university, now I am 22 years old and I have decided to come back tu study, in September I started the course in Management Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, my dream is to become a financial engineer and I would like to have some information about the admission at the best MFE courses (Berkeley, Columbia...).

1) In 4 years (April 2018) my resume could be this one:

- Laurea Triennale at the Politecnico di Milano in management engineering (in advance with a good GPA)
- Laurea Magistrale at the Politecnico di Milano in management engineering (in advance with a good GPA)
- GRE (with a good mark)
- GMAT (with a good mark)
- GRE (subject in maths) (with a good mark)
- IELTS certification
- work experience/ intership in finance (from 1 year to 2 years)
- 25/26 years old

I would like to know:

2) Might I have some chance of being admitted to a best mfe program with this resume? Do you have any advice for me to improve my resume?
3) How much are my chances of being admitted at your MBA with that resume?
4) The fact to take my laurea triennale and my laurea magistrale in advance can be seen positively by the commission? Will the commission value also my age? Will I have to write my age in my resume?
5) Begining the university at 22 years could be a disadvantage for me?
6) What does the MFE commission evaluate more: academic records, work experience, motivations?
7) Does The MFE Committee do a relationship between my age and my working experience's years ?
8) Do I have to write my age on the resume? Do I have to write why I began university at 22 years?
9) Do I have to write why I started my university at 22 years old?
10) Could The Commission consider negative the fact that I started the Bachelor at 22?
11) Will my age negatively affect my application for admission in relation to my work experience
(at 29 years I will have 3 years of full time work experience and 1 year of intership)?
12) if I explain to the Committee the reasons for my delay, Could the commition evaluate me like I was three years younger in relation to my work experience?
13) Do you have any advice for me to increase my chances of being admitted?

Thank you for your replay

Back