Advice for Indonesian Career Starter

• Thread starter Thread starter Nabih
  • Start date Start date
This might look ridiculous.
I just passed the MFE program, I had no experience at all in the financial industry. I graduated from one of the best universities in Indonesia. As far as I know this is the first MFE program in Indonesia, and I was the first batch of graduates from this program, so I had no seniors to learn from how to start a financial career. the type of career I want is to work in an investment bank (preferably from the United States or the UK, so I had the opportunity to learn wider, because I am aware MFE program in Indonesia is still far behind when compared same programmes in the North Atlantic), but I had never seen a job for people who have an educational background in mathematics / statistics only for the position of treasurer or an equity analyst. The things that comes to my mind:

1. Sending multiple e-mail to the headquarters of investment bank in the United States, such as Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Golmand Sach etc. to get a position in Indonesia.
2. Optimizing LinkedIn to contact hiring a local manager to get internship opportunities, so it can show my skills (I know they are aware that the alumni MFE will be very good for them, but I still do not know how can I get the chance)

I know this is a very big opportunity, but I still do not know how to optimize this opportunity.

Back