Advice for someone who wants to find a good quantitative fit

Hey guys,

So I'm going to graduate this year from the Ivey Business School in Canada with an undergrad degree in business. I also studied pure math for my first two years before b-school as it started in 3rd year.

I worked at HSBC on the trading floor this past summer, but unfortunately didn't get as much exposure to trading as I would have liked at it was more of an IT role on the FX sales desk, selling online software.

I was thinking CPA to start out, but I don't know if it will give me the quantitative aspect of a job that I am looking for, at least not right away.

What I'm asking you guys is, what should I look for? Would I benefit from a MFE? If so, should I stay another year at school and finish my degree in Math or Applied Math? Where would I work after graduating that?

If not MFE, where else could I look to get that quant aspect. Master of Data Science? How would I get there, and is it worth it?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!!

If your CPA referring accounting, it requires nearly no maths skills... From my experience, you may want to ask yourself what you enjoy doing first... A kind of career testing based on your personality and aspiration may help you at this stage

Back