Advice on Quantitative Finance Courses in Europe and Canada

• Thread starter Thread starter Pulkit
  • Start date Start date
Hi,

I am Pulkit Gaur. I graduated from Delhi Technological University, India with a degree in Bachelors of Technology with my major in Mathematics and Computing in June 2018 with a CPI of 85.55%(Class Rank 1). I took a lot of quantitative courses like Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Matrix Computation, Probability and Statistics, Financial Engineering, Scientific Computing, Stochastic Processes, Mathematical Modelling and Simulation, Econometrics, Operations Research. Also, I took programming courses like Data Structures and Algorithms, DBMS, OS etc. I am proficient in Python, C++, and Java and have intermediate experience in Matlab.

Currently, I am working as a Quantitative Analyst and Trader at a proprietary trading firm in New Delhi. I have done internship at the same firm as well as one research internship at Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, related to option pricing. I am applying for Masters in Quantitative Finance/Computational Finance/Financial Engineering in Europe and Canada in universities like Oxford, Imperial, Toronto, Waterloo, ETH Zurich, EPFL, Erasmus University. Also, I scored an 8 band in IELTS.

What are the chances to secure an admit in any of these universities without a GRE score? Also, it would be really helpful if someone could suggest some other universities.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back