already working in quant as undergrad, what's the smart move?

Hello,

I am currently a 2nd year CS/Physics student. In my first year, I started working for a private bank(not a worldwide player though, but very successful and any recruiter at goldman, deutsche bank etc.. would know it). After 3 month of coding a performance analysis tool, I got moved to quantitative development/algo trading. They offered me a student job until I finish my degree and already told me they would hire me the second I graduate.
The quantitative research department also wants to, well, "try me out", so I will be working there for a while as well this year.
The issue at hand is, that a Bachelor's degree would not still my thirst for more indepth knowledge. so I will definitiely do a MSc in CS. However, I find my self wondering if I would need a phd to work for at the top level banks/private equity funds etc. if I already have significant work experience.

What's my smart next move to get into top tier quant development? Would I technically even need the MSc?
Am I correct in guessing that as a quant developer, experience and skill are more important than academia, where as as a quant analyst phd level math background is a must have?

Back