Any advice for networking?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eric.Z
  • Start date Start date
Hey guys,

I will transfer to a university close to NYC next semester, where I am hoping to locate an internship in the quant field. I wonder if you guys have any advice for locating an internship? Or any advice on networking?

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks

Post here if you are interested.
I need to work out the details with the banks/MFE programs and other parties before I have something to announce. It's going to be the "missing link" that MFE students need to compete in this competitive environment.

Post here if you are interested.
I need to work out the details with the banks/MFE programs and other parties before I have something to announce. It's going to be the "missing link" that MFE students need to compete in this competitive environment.
That sounds very interesting. I would definitely love an opportunity like this.

A lot of MFE students don't have access to any kind of real career service in their program. What they need is a chance to hear from hiring managers on what employers are looking for, and get top notch feedback on their resume, interview technique, elevator pitch, dos and donts, internship and job search strategy, etc.
The sort of things students from top MBA programs receive.
You would not believe what a life changing event it would do for students who are not familiar with American recruiting culture (basically majority of MFE students).

You would not believe what a life changing event it would do for students who are not familiar with American recruiting culture (basically majority of MFE students).

for those that pay attention and take the guidance to heart :)

Back