Applying to MFE school with lowish GPA

• Thread starter Thread starter WZhang
  • Start date Start date
Hey guys, I just recently graduated from stonybrook university with Applied Mathematics and Mathematics with a minor in Computer science. I graduated with a meager GPA of 3.14(due to a number of reasons). I dont have any official work experience other than research in my Freshmen year and Sophomore Year. What should I do? I am in a huge crisis right now. The only thing I have is high GRE scores(330).

Hey guys, I just recently graduated from stonybrook university with Applied Mathematics and Mathematics with a minor in Computer science. I graduated with a meager GPA of 3.14(due to a number of reasons). I dont have any official work experience other than research in my Freshmen year and Sophomore Year. What should I do? I am in a huge crisis right now. The only thing I have is high GRE scores(330).
I think you posted something similar on another thread. Did you not get an answer? @Michsund offered help.

Some tech companies like Amazon are hiring. If your coding skills are polished enough (if not maybe practice leetcode or whatever), I suggest to try to find a full time job at the moment. Your GPA shouldn't affect most of your job prospects in the tech field. With that, you can try to apply to MFE programs with a bolstered resume. Another way would be to boost your GPA through retaking courses but honestly I would just try to find some kind of job.

I have the same GPA and same major and minor. Basically I took a job as a quant at a pension fund and am planning to go back for a masters in data science/ML/statistics

Back