Baruch admissions, does age matter?

I did my degree almost a decade ago, it had nothing to do with math or comp sci, and my GPA was laughable. To even be qualified to apply for any MFE, I would probably have to 'redo' my bachelors in something more appropriate and start from scratch.

I've been trading my own account on Interactive for several years now, and returns so far are acceptable to me. Admittedly, my trading system is just a patchwork of whatever I could piece together and learn along the way and most strategies are just simple pair trading. I would like to get some formal education in financial engineering to help me become a more well-rounded trader in the future, whether for myself or in industry.

Personally, I take a long term view of education and self-growth, so I don't have a problem investing years to get a solid BSc foundation (in fact, quite looking forward to it!). Unfortunately, I realize that others may not see things that way. I'm 33 now, so by the time I finish my next degree I'll probably (hopefully :0) be 37, a senior citizen in some industries... So my question for the gods of QuantNet is this: Does age matter when one applies for MFE, specifically for Baruch admissions? I'm not really interested in other programs.

EDIT:
Apologies... I should rewrite it more clearly and say "Baruch is my first choice".. and shouldn't have phrased it "not really interested in other programs"... I would welcome the opinions and views of everybody, even perspectives from other schools, to weigh in on the matter..

Last edited:
Back