Blackrock Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG): Any insights?

Hi. Does anybody have a prior experience or any insights regarding the work at Portfolio Analytics group in Blackrock solutions? I had a talk with few associates who described the work as some model review, analytical reporting and stress testing in fixed income or equity markets. I would appreciate it if somebody could provide any additional info about how exciting/challenging or mundane the work is.

PS. PAG has a sub-group called automated implementations which is more towards technology and involves scripting etc. I am not ascribing to the Implementations group here.

Hi shadefaliam,

I had a friend who worked in that group after graduating from an MFE program a few years back. He didn't really enjoy the work at all, and described it as much less finance and investments, much more compliance / regulatory reporting; he's a smart guy, now at a well know fund. If I'm not mistaken, PAG from Blackrock is actually a paid service that Blackrock provides to other clients (tell me if I'm wrong, in that case we are speaking about different things); so more or less you are a glorified consultant. Cheers.

Hi shadefaliam,

I had a friend who worked in that group after graduating from an MFE program a few years back. He didn't really enjoy the work at all, and described it as much less finance and investments, much more compliance / regulatory reporting; he's a smart guy, now at a well know fund. If I'm not mistaken, PAG from Blackrock is actually a paid service that Blackrock provides to other clients (tell me if I'm wrong, in that case we are speaking about different things); so more or less you are a glorified consultant. Cheers.
Thank You @C.Y. That really helped.

How about the Financial Modeling Group at Blackrock? Is that more finance and investing-related?

How about the Financial Modeling Group at Blackrock? Is that more finance and investing-related?
I have heard good things about FMG . They are not involved in investment decisions, though they do a lot of quantitative modeling.

I previously interviewed with the group in SF. One additional point for here is they are a big shop in fixed income and they are working to incorporate more alternatives models into their system after the acquisition of the Seattle-based hedge fund (now BAA).

Back