Breaking into the quant space as a non-target, average GPA undergrad

Hey guys, I'm currently a junior Applied Math major at a large public school (think Penn State, Rutgers, Ohio State). Beyond the fact that I'm at a non-target, I also have a pretty lackluster GPA for the quant world - a 3.4 to be precise. I kinda messed up my sophomore year; sorta lost my way. Here are the grades for my relevant courses, as well as the courses I am taking right now:

Multivariable Calculus - A
Linear Algebra - A
Ordinary Differential Equations - A-
Probability Theory - A-
Statistical Inference - A
Discrete Math - B
Numerical Analysis - B-
Advanced Linear Algebra - C+
Linear Optimization and Polytopes - F (P/F class)
Computer Programming with Java - A
Data Analysis with R - P (P/F class)

Currently taking:
Graduate Regression Analysis
Mathematics of Machine Learning
Python for Mathematical Computing

To take:
One or Two of Real Analysis, PDEs, Mathematical Finance, or Statistical Computing (Which one(s) would you suggest I take?)

Beyond this, I currently have an internship offer for the Summer of 2023 as a Data Analytics Intern for a Fortune 100; currently waiting on the second round for a prop trading firm (not quite quant).

I also have a research assistantship under my belt where I used R and Excel for statistical and network analysis.

Are there any tips you guys could give me to maximize my job potential? I naturally realize I have limitations with my non-target school and my GPA (I can probably get it to a 3.6), and do not expect to get roles at the top firms. Are there any specific quant jobs that I have a better chance of getting?

Thank you for reading my post.

Back