Career between compliance and risk management

hi my subject is law, studying law and economics of international finance, learned about european bank regulation, basel accord, and so on, i will find jobs in finanial compliance in europe. a frm certification is useful?

Risk management is a growing segment in finance where your quant degree may be relevant. I would say jobs are plentiful and easier to obtain. Good work life balance. Employers include insurance companies, fintech, etc.
Many quant programs specialize in risk management.
Follow @Ken Abbott for more insights and read what he posted here.

Risk management is a growing segment in finance where your quant degree may be relevant. I would say jobs are plentiful and easier to obtain. Good work life balance. Employers include insurance companies, fintech, etc.
Many quant programs specialize in risk management.
Follow @Ken Abbott for more insights and read what he posted here.
thank you very much, your advice is very important to me.

There are many non-quant jobs in reg relationships. Crucially important.

Of the quant jobs, model validation quants are most relevant.

Section 2.3 of

There are many non-quant jobs in reg relationships. Crucially important.

Of the quant jobs, model validation quants are most relevant.

Section 2.3 of

thanks for your response, i'm afraid of being seemed as a “master of none", know a lot about regulations, law and quant, coding, but none of aspects could meet the requirements of a proper job...

Look for an entry job at reg relationships in banks, any junior job in financial consulting or at the regulators themselves. Better than nothing, and thr latter can then bring you a job on the private side.

Back