COMPARE Columbia MSOR VS UCLA MFE

Guys I really appreciate your input. I've been admitted to those two programs. At first I was against the idea of OR but it's still Columbia with its attractive brand name and location. I am also concerned about the huge class size and the competition with graduates of FE and MFAN. On the other hand, UCLA's class size is much smaller and they seem to have good career service but placement is mainly in Los Angeles which is a perfect place to live of course.

Hi Ahmed, I see you are still undecided.

Just wanted to add to my bit from the other post that I have a close friend who has gone through UCLA's MFE. His internship and placement were both in NYC, so I was always under the impression that location is not as crucial as long as you put the effort in.

Really? sounds great. My professors and my family want me to go to UCLA too.
Have you heard from Columbia yet? I can see they are sending admits everyday , so keep praying :)

They are very different programs. If you know what you want to do career wise, I don't understand the dilemma. They aim for different directions, so ask yourself if you'd rather choose an career unrelated job in a good city, or a career relevant job in an also decent city. Agreeing with the above statement, school location doesn't limit you to that city.

They are very different programs. If you know what you want to do career wise, I don't understand the dilemma. They aim for different directions, so ask yourself if you'd rather choose an career unrelated job in a good city, or a career relevant job in an also decent city. Agreeing with the above statement, school location doesn't limit you to that city.

I hope i understood your point correctly lol since you didn't use program names =.=
MSOR might still get you a "relevant" job, but I guess since the program is less focused than MFE, you'll have a harder time.

Personally I applied to MSOR because my desired job isn't pure quant, so I prefer the MSOR structure.

They are very different programs. If excellent you know what you want to do career wise, I don't understand the dilemma. They aim for different directions, so ask yourself if you'd rather choose an career unrelated job in a good city, or a career relevant job in an also decent city. Agreeing with the above statement, school location doesn't limit you to that city.
Thanks for the input. I actually decided to go to UCLA :) excellent program, reputable university and a beautiful place to live in. Wish me luck.

I hope i understood your point correctly lol since you didn't use program names =.=
MSOR might still get you a "relevant" job, but I guess since the program is less focused than MFE, you'll have a harder time.

Personally I applied to MSOR because my desired job isn't pure quant, so I prefer the MSOR structure.
Any news yet?

Any news yet?

Naw, I'm hoping they will be sending it out monday, since I doubt they'll make decisions on a Sunday.

Really hope to hear something.

So you decided to go to UCLA? If you have any questions about anything I can relay them to my friend who just graduated a few month ago from it.

Back