Computational Finance for a Computer Science Bachelor

Hey all,

I'm new here, mainly looking to explore the field of computational and quantitative finance.

I'll be graduating next year with a BS degree in Computer Science.

What's the best way to approach this field while having no background whatsoever in finance?

I was considering to apply for (local) companies which develop software for financial institutions e.g: http://www.murex.com/home.php, and that to gain some experience in finance so I can then do some Master's degree in CF in the U.S or so.

I am a good programmer, and I've had my share of math courses especially those related to numerical computing and numerical linear algebra, and most importantly I'm interested in this field because I believe it would give me some space to adapt my technical problem-solving skills to real-time issues.

So, any advice?

Note that I would be considered as an International Student when applying to the US, if that implies any pre-requisites please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Beyond the job position you are considering, it'd create a really good combination of educational background to obtain one finance degree along with your BS in CS and I think that this kind of job helps. I'm in a similar position, working as a programmer for financial institution. That should ease your way to apply for masters as you'll have a relevant programming background. Many similar topics have been discussed, search for them...

Back