CQF vs MFE for an experienced IT professional

• Thread starter Thread starter NB
  • Start date Start date

NB

Hi,

Straight to the point, I currently work in Front Office IT building Trading applications for Traders and Sales. Have almost 12 years of total experience and 10 years in IB IT. Have a MS and Bachelors in CS , so not a complete MATH person. Which one would be a best fit with solid foundation in MATH and Finance. CQF is enticing.. but not sure how strongly it compares to a traditional MFE.

Thanks to all in Advance.

I have a question for you. Do you think your masters has helped you advance your career? This is coming from a recent grad who is beginning as a developer at a large bank working on trading systems. Any advice would be appreciated! I am also interested in your question.

Mine didn't help for the career as half the curriculum in Masters was same as Bachelors. Career advancement largely depends on what you choose and how you navigate the job market and your location. CS and MFE are completely different though. Computational finance is a hard nut to crack especially when there is little information that's freely available.

If I had chance to do all over again, an MFE as my masters after a BS in Computer Science is what I would pick 100 out of 100 times.

Back