COMPARE CQF vs. MFE (very confused from posts)

I am considering either doing the CQF or an Masters in Math Finance/Financial engineering in the NYC/NJ area.

By way of background, I have an MS in EE/Comp Engg (Univ of Florida - 1990), passed CFA (1995).

I have been working on Wall Street for 15+ yrs, primarily as a developer/tech manager with C++/Java/SQL on Front Office Trading, Risk and Finance applications. I have done one some Quant/Model programming with C/C++, but mostly heavy application development design and development.

Recenlty, I moved into Project Management / Consulting role in Operations but have stagnated in terms of upping my salary.

I am curious about learning the mathematical finance aspect, perhaps segway into the Quant field with my background. I still have to continue my fulltime job to support my family.

Would you advice to me doing a 6 month CQF or considering going back part-time to a good school (such as NYU, Baruch..) for Masters (with expesive $, 3 yr committment and also disciplined Math training). What would be worth in terms of career potential..

Appreciate your insight.

CQF has little, if any in personal support you would get from a typical program. It's a mainly online program after all.
Keep in mind NYU program does not provide part-time students with any placement service. So their service is of limited help to you.
Essentially, you are down to CQF, Baruch part-time, CMU part-time and maybe few other local options (Poly, Rutgers, Stevens, etc). You may have to take a look into their fee schedule to decide. You do the tele-lecture thing at CMU.
A word of warning about the part-time program at Baruch. It's pretty intense and many people drop out after the first semester. It's a huge commitment in term of time and effort so do consult the students doing part-time there.

You may want to take at the CQF opinion in this thread CQF right for me? - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum

Back