Deciding on Oxford MFE offer

• Thread starter Thread starter vxg
  • Start date Start date

vxg

Hi guys, so I got offer from Oxford MFE on the weekend. I was thrilled and excited at first, but there are some things that worry me when trying to decide to accept the offer or not:
- I am currently a buy side analyst in a boutique firm in Australia. My goal is to relocate to Asia and work as a trader in BB
- One of the things I notice based on my research on Oxford MFE is that it seems to be a pre experience program. Reading their student profiles most students only had internships in the past and the average age is 23. They go to MFE straight from undergrad. I will have 3 years of full time work experience by next year, have completed CFA, and am 26 this year, so I am not sure if this program is for me mainly because of this.
- another thing is that there are better alternatives out there like MIT Mfin or Princeton Mfin, but those are more selective I heard, and more importantly, if I apply to those, I would only know whether I am accepted or not in March ish, so that means if I want to go to those two, I will most likely need to reject Oxford offer first, but then if I eventually don't get princeton/MIT, then I will be left with no offer outstanding.

thoughts ?
thank you

Back