Do all programs start in the summer?

AndrewChang

Baruch MFE Alum
Hi everyone on quantnet!

I was wondering if all programs started in the summer. I was actually looking towards going to Columbia MFE but then I just looked at their website and the program seems like it starts in the summer and there was a line saying "assuming you graduate May 20XX." I am actually going to graduate in August of 2011 as I want to take some more programming classes before I graduated because when I apply for the MFE program, I'm only going to have one programming class. Should I take more programming classes and graduate August 2011? or should I just graduate in May 2011 and does Stochastics or Monte Carlo Simulations classes count as programming classes? Thanks in advance!

More programming in your case definitely helps.
I doubt that Stochastic or Monte Carlo Simulations classes count as programming; however, they are very helpful as prerequisites for a MFE program.

Thanks for the responses! I'm guessing I won't be applying to Columbia then but that was my dream program. However, Andy, you mention there were programs start in the Spring, can you give me an example? Thanks!

Back