Experienced Software Engineer Looking For A Quant To Partner For A Startup

Hi,

I'm going to make this short as I know most of you are pretty busy. I have been toying around with the idea of launching a start-up related with the financial market(s) (research, analysis, etc.)

I have a PhD in Computer Science, and I have worked as a software developer for a large Wall Street firm, and I have contributed to kernel development of a large and known operating system. My area(s) of expertise are theoretical computer science (Kolmogorov Complexity, and Coding Theory) and operating system internals (kernel development, in particular vm systems, and scheduling).

With that said, my knowledge of financial market(s) are limited, even though I have worked on Wall Street, I was primarily responsible for overall performance of trading systems: if it needs to run faster, I can make it happen.

I'm looking for someone that:
  • Is willing to evaluate the idea, and provide an honest opinion about it
    • In case the idea seems suitable, I would love for that person to join me in making it happen
    • If the idea is not suitable; good, you perhaps saved me a good amount of money!
  • Have a strong background in financial markets, both theoretical and practical; if you have developed some models, great.
Obs:

I was not sure where to post, so I ended up posting on this section. Also, I am open to discuss remuneration of course, and should my skill set be needed, I could exchange some of my time and skill for a small consultation should you prefer this option.

Thanks.

Back