Feedback about Quantitative Finance and Risk Management program at the University of Michigan

• Thread starter Thread starter Kritin
  • Start date Start date
Hi everyone,

I recently came across the Quantitative Finance program at the University of Michigan, and I’m very interested in learning more about it. I’d appreciate any insights regarding the following,:

1. Alumni Network: How active is the alumni network, especially in the finance sector? Are there notable connections or resources available?
  2. Internship and Networking Opportunities: What kind of resources does the university provide for securing internships in finance? Are there any networking events or partnerships with firms that students can take advantage of?
Also how is it ranked compared to other universities? Thanks in advance for your help!

As far as I know, the program is an excellent choice if you are interested in pursuing a PhD degree after graduation
Thank you very much, but could you rate in terms of career opportunities, my focus is to work in hedge funds or in Investment banking. In that case how would you rate the academics as well career support. Right now i have no plans in pursuing a Phd

Thank you very much, but could you rate in terms of career opportunities, my focus is to work in hedge funds or in Investment banking. In that case how would you rate the academics as well career support. Right now i have no plans in pursuing a Phd
Let me put it this way... If you have a strong math background, I think you'll really enjoy the program. It has one of the most rigorous curriculums compared to similar programs with a similar level of competition for admission. In terms of career services, the new advisor is very experienced, and I've seen steady improvements in their support and guidance.

Let me put it this way... If you have a strong math background, I think you'll really enjoy the program. It has one of the most rigorous curriculums compared to similar programs with a similar level of competition for admission. In terms of career services, the new advisor is very experienced, and I've seen steady improvements in their support and guidance.
Thank you very much .

Back