COMPARE Gatech QCF vs UIUC MSFE vs Quantitative Analyst Job in TowersWatson

• Thread starter Thread starter ruanys
  • Start date Start date
Now I have the three choices listed above. I am now an undergraduate student from China.

First, could anyone here please help compare the two programs Gatech QCF and UIUC MSFE. It seems they are of the same level, but I still want to ask which one may be better for job seeking in the US.

Also, I have the offer of a quantitative analyst in Towers Watson, Wuhan, China. I am not so satisfied with the graduate school application, so I hope working experience will be helpful for the improvements of my portfolio and there is someone, successfully got the admission from UCB, CMU etc after working there for years. However, the wage is quite low in Towers Watson(about $1000 per month) and I wonder if it would really be so helpful for me. After all, it is hard to expect what will happen in the coming 2-3 years. And this is a research center in Wuhan, I need to read a lot of papers there, which is quite different from the real industry like investment banks or investment management firms. I wonder if it is really helpful for the future career development in the industry world.

Now, I am really confused. Could anyone here lend me a hand?
Thanks so much!!!!

https://www.quantnet.com/review-georgia-tech-qcf-program/
I have no review for UIUC MFE yet.
It sounds like that job salary is too low even for China standard now?

Thanks Andy.
I have read the review for QCF before, but it is still a hard decision.

That salary is approximately the mean for students in my department, not too low, but not attractive at all. I can find other jobs that earn similar but much easier.
The key point is that I do not know if this experience will be an improvement for me. After all, it would be very academic and I hope I can enter the industrial world someday.

Back