Help: please profile review

• Thread starter Thread starter cccca
  • Start date Start date
Hi everyone,

My first post here. I am a recent graduate with an interest in pursing an MFE/MFIN in the near future.

I graduated from a Canadian University with a 3.5 GPA with a degree in Finance and a minor in Computer Science
I have done 2 past internships in quantitative research and portfolio construction at a MM pension plan and am currently working in S&T at a Big 5 bank in Canada.

Ultimately, I would like to leave me role and pursue a masters in the US. I was wondering how my profile stacked up and whther it is worthwhile to start studying for my GRE.

My concerns about my resume, are that I do not have an extensive background in math and statistics (I have only taken 2 calc courses and 2 stats courses) when compared with a pure math student or pure computer science student.

I was wondering how my overall portfolio stacks up and whether there are any less mathematical universitites I should focus on.

Thanks!

Hi CCCCA,

I can tell you that Claremont Graduate University typically requires students to have some background in Linear Algebra, Calculus 3, Probability, and Accounting, and if they don't they can take supplemental classes at CGU or a partner online website (depending on the course).

If you want to speak to a faculty to get their perspective you can reach Professor Michael Imerman at michael.imerman@cgu.edu. He actually graduated with a degree in finance and made his way into FE, so he may be a great resource to talk to. If you have questions about applying, let me know. I am the Coordinator for the MSFE program at CGU. You can reach me at sean.gomez@cgu.edu

Last edited:
Back