How to meet MFE Pre-Requisites

I graduated from NYU undergrad as a finance and economics major. I have no programming background and completed up to calculus II. I was wondering if someone can suggest how I can meet MFE pre-reqs and how long (approx) it would take for me to complete it before being admitted to the actual program?

If you are in the NYC area, you can take courses from many CUNY colleges. You can't beat their price and the quality is pretty good as well.
Some people take a second degree in math/cs to meet the requirements.

When you guys say second degree, meaning a second undergraduate degree? and which CUNY would you recommend?

Basically your options are to get a second undergraduate degree or just take classes to fill in holes in your knowledge. But based on what you have said, you have many holes to fill so in the end you probably would end up with a second degree either way. I think the only way that not getting a second degree would be advantageous is if you were working part-time, due to time constraints.

How long it would take depends on full-time vs part-time, how many hours from your previous degree you would be able to transfer/count towards second degree, and how many classes you can take in a semester. I would estimate 2-6 years.

Back