How to start (Freshmen in university)

As depressing as some of the post that I am reading,let me bring some positivity once.
Now I am freshmen at Stony Brook university and I current 3.76 GPA and I have been recently been to a double major in computer science as well as applied mathematics soon to be minor in the option of philosophy,Korean or physics. I am currently interning at the institution at advance computational sciences at stony brook university as well as a member of investment club,stonybrook computing society and society of asian engineerers(SASE). It all been going very well for me with a little bit luck and elbow grease. Now, its nifty and thrifty in my life right now but I always wanted a career in data analysis,quant researching etc... the problem is that I have no idea how I am going to set up my career. I feel like going with the flow instead of ummm ...how should I say...controlling it?There is probably alot of industry experts in this forms that can probably assist me on this . I even set up a linkedin,talk to guys on wall street oasis,created a GITHUB profile, and even got contacted from a recruiter from Palantir technologies. I am still pretty much a noob in the world of algo trading and HFT. I feel like I lack a mentor that can guide me in the right path you know what I am saying? What am I missing in my career right now? How can I start to create my own algo trading programs? Any organizations that I should know of aside from quantopian?

Back