In london, how difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD to find a quant job

I heard that, in London, the quant recruiters prefer students from oxbridge, and london universities. Does Warwick Math PhD students have a disadvantage position in the application?

How difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD students to find a quant intern, and to find a quant job finally? Math, C++, and brain teaser won't be a problem for me. I only worry that the market is so competitive.

Thanks a lot,

Just give it a try. Oxbridge has a big name in UK. I am going to do master in one of them, but its not essential to graduate from there. You will not lose anything in the application process.

Oxbridge + Imperial/UCL are the main ones. In all honesty though, in the UK, only going to Oxbridge gives you maximum kudos. It's Oxbridge + 'the rest'.

Oxbridge + Imperial/UCL are the main ones. In all honesty though, in the UK, only going to Oxbridge gives you maximum kudos. It's Oxbridge + 'the rest'.

Thanks for your reply, Barny, for quant developer jobs, do they accept any major from OXbridge ? I am going to spent one-year master in Cam, but in computational biology. How is London quant job market this year ? EU economy really gets a problem.

I heard that, in London, the quant recruiters prefer students from oxbridge, and london universities. Does Warwick Math PhD students have a disadvantage position in the application?

How difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD students to find a quant intern, and to find a quant job finally? Math, C++, and brain teaser won't be a problem for me. I only worry that the market is so competitive.

Thanks a lot,

If you have a (applied?) Maths PhD and C++, why not look around and see which direction the industry is moving?

Thanks for your reply, Barny, for quant developer jobs, do they accept any major from OXbridge ? I am going to spent one-year master in Cam, but in computational biology. How is London quant job market this year ? EU economy really gets a problem.

For quant developer jobs, you need to be a good coder. As far as credentials go, computational biology @ Cantab is fine.

No idea on the job market. Probably shit, which is why I'd rather do anything else than work as a quant in the current climate.

For quant developer jobs, you need to be a good coder. As far as credentials go, computational biology @ Cantab is fine.

No idea on the job market. Probably shit, which is why I'd rather do anything else than work as a quant in the current climate.

My coding skills is quite strong, my first degree is computer science. But to be honest, my math is bad, I only have one calculus module before. My statistics is quite strong as well. Not sure whats going to happen.

Back