Internship Advice

Hello guys, I just joined this forum yesterday and am amazed by the quality and quantity of the information present here. I have a few questions about getting a quant internship as an undergraduate-

1. Are undergraduates are even considered for quant internships?
2. If so, what should I do to distinguish myself from everyone else out there. My background is as follows:

B.A. Computer Science,Statistics,EE Minor from UC Berkeley, Expected: 2015 GPA:3.31
I have done a couple of personal projects outside of classwork related to finance, like building a really simple automated trading system with Python and QSTK and I'm learning how to model derivatives right now. I am also planning to join the Berkeley Investment Group Quant Fund this semester.

The reason I'm asking you guys is because I have applied to about 15-20 quant/quant-related jobs so far and only 2 have gotten back to me. I feel like all the time and effort I have put into my personal projects is going to waste. What more can I do in order to make sure I get a good internship this summer? Thanks for all the help guys.

1. yes.
2. no one's gonna give a hoot about personal, amateurish projects. if it's good, they'll probably heard of it by now. instead, show them how your project relates to real world scenarios and how it can actually make profits. show them your order book (if it's making a profit). its good already to have 2 offers, some don't even get at all. go along the line like "look, i've got this system which helps me to make 100k if i have real money invested, but the problem is, i don't have 50k to being with (wow 200% returns). hire me, and u'll see."

more specifically, should I be blunt about my limited experience in trading/finance or try to blow up my credentials?

Back