Introduction from an Aspiring Quant -- Network Building

Hello All,

My name is Will, I am currently a student within the University of Minnesota's MFM program. I have completed the first years worth of course and have two more years to go. I have an undergrad in Electrical Engineering and work in the Minneapolis area at a software development firm. I am looking to transition out of engineering while completing the program. Ultimately I would like to end up at a hedge fund/asset management firm after graduation.

I am looking to network and build relationships in the community, and this forum seems like a great place to start. In my free-time I am working on building my own algorithmic trading system (still in infant stage), and would love to talk to any quants who have experiences with such endeavors .

Look forward to talking to you all during my journey to becoming a quant.

Thanks,
Will

At first we are going to try to tackle a equity long/short strategy.

I would eventually like to try some ML techniques and possibly sentiment analysis with Twitter.

I am in the process of creating a "sandbox" with a repository of historical data so we can backtest multiple strategies. And a API link to IB for semi-live 'delayed' ticker data.

At first we are going to try to tackle a equity long/short strategy.

I would eventually like to try some ML techniques and possibly sentiment analysis with Twitter.

I am in the process of creating a "sandbox" with a repository of historical data so we can backtest multiple strategies. And a API link to IB for semi-live 'delayed' ticker data.
https://www.quantopian.com/

Back