Is it possible to find work without Master or PhD degree?

• Thread starter Thread starter Wise
  • Start date Start date
Hello everybody. My name is Khakim. I just finished university in Central Asia. I studied at Economics department. I am very interesting in trading. But in Central Asia there is practical no opportunity to work as a trader. In addition to economic courses I took programming courses such as C++, C#, Data Structures and others, because I was interested in Forex market and automatic trading. And couple month ago I found out that there is a profession such as "quant" which requires all things which I am interested in: statistics, finance, programming. I'd like to continue education and get MFE, but tuition is very high. The question is: Is it possible to find work without MFE or PhD degree? Or could somebody give advice how I can find work or internship from Central Asia region.
Thank you.

Most programs at banks take students out of undergrad for trading. The best ones get kept on and get moved to associate level or get the third year analyst level. The rest are kicked out and usually goto MBA and come back elsewhere as an associate.

Is it possible to find work without MFE or PhD degree
Why not seek work for a programming position for the beginning? As said above, trading and quant positions typically require higher degrees unless you prove yourself in the industry...Without masters and doctoral degrees there should be some entry level positions as well...

Back