Job in Quantitative Trading as a ME major

I am doing my Masters in mechanical engineering at Stanford and I'm interested in getting a job as a quantitative trader. I know these finance companies look mostly for CS majors and MATH majors but they hire engineering majors as well (and probably electrical engineers the most). So I was wondering how to make myself most presentable for these jobs.

I majored in ME in my undergrad and minored in CS so I have a sound background in CS. I also had an internship where I had to develop an artificial intelligent algorithm that solves for the optimal operations for a company. For my masters, I specialize in CFD, so I have experience in writing computational codes. I also took two more CS classes that should help - machine learning and data mining.

So my question is - will I be considered for jobs as a quantitative analyst/trader or are my chances slim? If I point out all the projects I have been a part of through my classes/research/internship in my resume, will I be fine? Will the fact me being a Masters student be a problem?

Back