Learning financial math for my own trading

• Thread starter Thread starter franky
  • Start date Start date
Hello, geeks and math wizards.

I would like to have an advice. I had to take a break from trading due work reasons and trying to create a plan to get me back in the coming months.

I know that most of you study to get an employment as quant researchers, even though it's not my objective. I am just a Tech guy who wants to learn the quantitative approach for avoiding the curve-fitting of trading strategies. That's all.

I am wondering if I can find any course from a reputable company/institution to receive a training. Online training or good video series would be the best option. I am not into Options and Derivatives, my major interest is for directional trading for trading different asset classes like Commodities, Currencies, Stocks, and Indexes.

I was looking to learn on my own the program of the Financial Risk Manager - FRM or sign up for an MFE, but it seems that but will not help me based on my objectives.

I thought about Quantisti, an Indian training company, but I struggle to understand what they really teach over there. Unfortunately, most Indian companies just try to offer a cheaper rate since even a quarter of what a European and American universities charge represent a good profit for those start-ups.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards.

You are not going to get anywhere having a superficial understanding. Seem like you need a semi quant curriculum and name catch MBA would be the best route.

Hello, Philip, thank you for answering. I appreciate it.

I hope I do not give the impression of being lazy or looking for shortcuts, but as I said is not clear to me what route to take with regard my final objective.

Would you mind to link me any MBA course, so that I can look at the core topics?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

The first act of being not lazy is to do your own research than asking to be spoon fed !

Look at linkedin profiles and see what routes folks have taken to reach the goal you desire.

I am sorry Philip, but that comment makes no sense.

If I come here, is because I assume that I can find better people than me willing to give me an advice. If you did read what I posted, and I start thinking that you did not, I asked for a trustable institute, not to get comments that bring no value to this conversation.

If you do not want to share information or anything I asked is annoying to you, do not answer.

I am sure there are people here with the knowledge and the experience to answer my questions.

Kind Regards.

P.S: I apologise to the rest of the community, but such comments make the post useless for future readers.

Back