LSE Financial Mathematics

Is LSE Financial Mathematics considered in the same league as some of the top US schools?

London schools are mostly known for Mfin courses, not so much for quantitative finance.

Also, with the stringent visa requirements in place now for non-EEA candidates, is London even worth thinking about when considering to apply for such courses? If Iam not wrong, one gets just 2 months post graduation to search for jobs, if one does not get in that period, one will have to apply from home country and also pass the Resident Labour Market Test.

Is LSE Financial Mathematics considered in the same league as some of the top US schools?

London schools are mostly known for Mfin courses, not so much for quantitative finance.

Also, with the stringent visa requirements in place now for non-EEA candidates, is London even worth thinking about when considering to apply for such courses? If Iam not wrong, one gets just 2 months post graduation to search for jobs, if one does not get in that period, one will have to apply from home country and also pass the Resident Labour Market Test.
My best friend studies in London QF and he tells me that LSE has a good reputation in the market and their graduates get hired faster over other schools there. It is indeed a top school in London in MFin as well as Imperial. I actually know people who graduated there and then got hired in the US. So it looks like a good choice.
However, the problem is if you are not a EU citizen, you will have a trouble staying afterwards. There are many non EU graduates who have to go back to their countries due to visa restrictions. So this is a factor that you need to consider. In USA you get to stay 12 months obtaining OPT upon graduation or 17 months if you studied a hard science (engineering, math, etc.), which gives you plenty of time to search for a job and makes your career "investment" more secure. But again, graduating from LSE in the top of your class will also makes it quite possible to get hired there as fast.

Hallo Cricket Freak , i have submitted for this programm too ! ...........I think LSE is a good choice........Is there anyone who have done application in Oxford MCF ???

Hallo Cricket Freak , i have submitted for this programm too ! ...........I think LSE is a good choice........Is there anyone who have done application in Oxford MCF ???
As far as I know Oxford MCF has a really interesting process. They changed it recently too I believe. Students are now required to present a portfolio, which is basically solving a set of problems Oxford gives you to do. It gets added to your application. Otherwise, its a very competitive program. Good luck...hope you get in.

Hallo Cricket Freak, i think you will havent any problem .......I am 24-25 beacuse i lose some years in my millitary service ...!!! But i think they dont carre about the age .......:P

Back