Master's in Quant Finance in the US, profile evaluation

• Thread starter Thread starter treez
  • Start date Start date
Hi,
I am an undergraduate student with a bachelor's degree in Mathematics (precisely BSc(Hons.) Mathematics from Delhi University). I want to study Mathematical finance in the USA. Although, I am very doubtful that if I will get selected to any college. My target colleges are: BU(MSMFT), NCSU, JHU, Fordham, Stony Brook, Stevens.
I don't have much background in computer programming, I am pretty good at MATLAB, through out college I have practiced all my work on it. I have some knowledge in R and Python. I completed two financial models on Excel (the VBA's are also, I feel, not so much at par). My GRE scores are pretty average, 313(164Q, 149V).
My scores in college has been great in my subjects, however, I am worried about one paper in Linear Algebra where I scored pretty low. One issue is that my degree would be of three years, I have contacted these colleges if it would be problem and they said it was ok.
I did an internship at the dept. of mathematics, for six months. Also, a summer internship at a marketing agency. I want to apply for next year, after my undergrad and just wanna get through somehow.
Any tips on how I can stand out is valuable. And is there any chance I will get selected in any of the programs above.

Back