materials to read to prepare for the courses post level 2

OK guys, so I have completed the first 2 levels (watch all videos, done all homeworks, done quizzes)
my intention is to get the certificate by may and hence I will enrol in the course by late January the latest

the reason I havent enrolled yet is that I am very busy with working full time plus other commitments outside work. I am totally new to programming (finance degree) as well so I am not sure I can complete the course in 4 months

My plan is to get as much knowledge about c++ as I can between now and the time I enrol to prepare for level 3 and beyond.

Any suggestion on reading materials or exercises I can do ? what is the most difficult concepts in the next 7 levels that I need to understand ? suggestions for any books maybe ?

thank you

@Daniel Duffy @APalley Hi Professor.Hi AP. I have just started the C++ program. I want a textbook to refer apart from the course materials. I have seen c++ primer plus being suggested on recommended readings. But after some research online I'm confused which book to go for. Too much criticism of primer plus. I am a beginner. Kindly suggest me the best book. Thank you

In principle you don't need a book for the C part (it's a few modules). But Kernighan and Ritchie is a standard syntax.
Other books might be OK but might be confusing.

If you follow the slides carefully and do the exercises then it goes a long way.

Back