Math Classes after Graduation

I had already taken Multivariable calc, Lin Alg & Dif Eq in high school, so my formal math background at college is limited even though I did a quantitative degree. So I wanted to take these at a local college now to show I know the material (I would easily get A's)

I plan on doing all the Baruch Pre-MFE courses but also wanted to take Dif Eq and Statistics at a college for a letter grade.

Do MFE programs look down upon taking these at a community college as opposed to a good undergraduate institution? If so, where else can I take these courses for a grade?

qweretyq,

I am sorta in the same boat as you. I have taken math through calc 3 (multivariable) in college and graduated with a degree in finance.

My plan is to take more classes post-undergrad such as linear alg, diff eqs, probability theory, numerical methods, etc.
From my understanding, you wont find a majority of these upper level classes at a community college, and if you do they may be dummied down alittle bit for freshman sophomore undergrads.

I would recommend to try to find this classes at an actual university and apply as a nondegree seeking student to take these classes. I am fortunate enough to be able to live in Chicago, so getting to a college such as UIC to take these classes is no problem. But, yes they will cost about 1k more for each class.

Hey,

Do you work FT right now? A lot of these classes at places like UIC or Depaul are only offered during the day. I was thinking of quitting my job soon to focus on taking these classes FT like you said as a non degree student.

Back