MFE after BSc Data Science + MBA Finance & Analytics - Review on Profile for Fall 2025

Hello all. Hope you are doing well.

I wanted to get a review on my profile for the MFE programs at top universities in US and UK.

Education History:
1. I hold an MBA with 4 majors Finance, Analytics, Marketing and Operations from IIM. But I focus only on Finance and Analytics to not confuse recruiters. 2019-2021
Subjects:
Finance -
Financial Analytics using R, Financial Risk Management using R, Portfolio Management, Trading and Market Microstructure, Econometrics, Business Valuation.
Analytics - Business Analysis, Data Visualization, Decision Science, Market Research, Marketing Analytics, Machine Learning.

2. Post which I did a B.Sc in Programming and Data Science from IIT, 9.2 CGPA India 2022 - 2024 (Completed it early):
Subjects and grades:

Linear Algebra - S, Advanced Probability - S, Machine Learning Mathematics - S, Deep Learning Mathematics - A, Full Stack Development - S, Data Structures and Algorithms - S, Linux - S, Python - S, C - A, Java - S, SQL with 10/10 grade is most of them. The course was very hands on too in these things with major coding components.

Experience:
1. I also have work experience of 3 years as a Data Analyst at an AI startup.
2. I have prior BSc in Nautical Science and 3.5 years experience in Merchant Navy where I have worked Globally in over 21 countries. Not sure if this is relevant for MFE roles.

Objective: Through these programs I seek to combine this knowledge of tech and business and get high paying jobs in US which are tough to crack in India.

I seek guidance from seniors in the programs. Your comments and advice would be immensely helpful.

Back