MFE career opportunities for quantitative research

Hello all,

I know this question has been discussed to death in various threads but I have been seeing contradicting answers and was hoping to get a clarification.

Would a MFE program be suitable for someone who is interested in pursuing a quantitative equity research role? More specifically, conducting research into systematic models, implementing them, and finding ways to improve them? From what I have read, the MFE would be a perfect fit for someone interested in risk management or derivatives pricing but I am not too sure whether someone looking to move into quantitative research would benefit from a MFE.

Appreciate the insights.

Oh my god. I just have the exactly same question as you do. Are you planning to be a quantitative researcher in the future?

That's my goal but I am not certain whether a Ms in Statistics or a MFE would be more appropriate for this. I am not particularly keen on pursuing a PhD just to gain entry to the field.

Hello all,

I know this question has been discussed to death in various threads but I have been seeing contradicting answers and was hoping to get a clarification.

Would a MFE program be suitable for someone who is interested in pursuing a quantitative equity research role? More specifically, conducting research into systematic models, implementing them, and finding ways to improve them? From what I have read, the MFE would be a perfect fit for someone interested in risk management or derivatives pricing but I am not too sure whether someone looking to move into quantitative research would benefit from a MFE.

Appreciate the insights.
Yes.

Back