Morgan Stanley Risk Management Summer Analyst Interview?

Hi,

I am an undergraduate junior at a target school studying industrial engineering. How would you prepare for the risk management internship interview for morgan stanley? What kinds of technical stuff should I know?

1. Know your resume cold; what it says and what you claim to know

2. For undergrad internships in these sort of roles they are concerned a significant amount (50%+ I would say) on personality above technical skill. Smile a lot. Be agreeable. Dress nicely. Be on time. These are all more important than anything else.

3. Know generally where the markets are. You do not need to know anything above where S&P and DJ are trending

4. Understand all basic risks (obviously):
>VaR (3 basic types)
>Duration
>Convexity

5. Basic pricing and Greeks
>Bonds
>Black Scholes
>Delta/Gamma/Theta (should be more than enough)

6. Study and prepare for all commonly asked interview questions. THEY WILL ALL BE ASKED.
>Why Risk?
>Why Morgan?
>Explain this occurrence on your resume
> Weakness about yourself

7.VBA is a plus, SQL is a MASSIVE plus.

Numbers 1 & 2 above are by far the most important. Be pleasant and practice your interviewing skills.

Good luck my friend. Dos Equis.

1. Know your resume cold; what it says and what you claim to know

2. For undergrad internships in these sort of roles they are concerned a significant amount (50%+ I would say) on personality above technical skill. Smile a lot. Be agreeable. Dress nicely. Be on time. These are all more important than anything else.

3. Know generally where the markets are. You do not need to know anything above where S&P and DJ are trending

4. Understand all basic risks (obviously):
>VaR (3 basic types)
>Duration
>Convexity

5. Basic pricing and Greeks
>Bonds
>Black Scholes
>Delta/Gamma/Theta (should be more than enough)

6. Study and prepare for all commonly asked interview questions. THEY WILL ALL BE ASKED.
>Why Risk?
>Why Morgan?
>Explain this occurrence on your resume
> Weakness about yourself

7.VBA is a plus, SQL is a MASSIVE plus.

Numbers 1 & 2 above are by far the most important. Be pleasant and practice your interviewing skills.

Good luck my friend. Dos Equis.

Thank you so much for your reply. May I ask you more questions through PM please? I have an upcoming interview for credit risk internship position at a major investment bank, and want to learn more about the interview process! Your help would be very appreciated!!

Back