MS Finance - Quantitative Finance Track - U Buffalo

Hi all,

I have been accepted into MS in Quantitative Finance at U Buffalo. I really want to know about this program in terms of academia, placements and chances of internship... Please let me know about the program.. Thanks!

Thanks Andy! Even in tracker, there's no Buffalo's name. Why is that so? I think, it should be added..

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Sorry, I didn't even know they had such a program.

This is what they had on the website:

----------
We receive many e-mail messages and telephone calls daily from applicants and accepted students who have questions regarding a University at Buffalo MS program. Many of the questions are answered in this FAQ document. This document is updated as new questions are received. By reviewing this document first, you are likely to have your question answered sooner. If your concerns are not addressed in this document, then please do not hesitate to send e-mail or call us at 716-645-3204 (or toll free in the U.S. and Canada at 877-235-6622). Thank you for helping us serve you better.
----------

I would give them a call, and post up your findings. But honestly, $20K annually is a lot to pay for a program that most of us never heard of. Chances are, if you get a job, it won't be in quant, or on Wall Street. That is a bad sign.

@Ken Abbott - No problem!
@wayoung - I've applied to some other colleges as well but my mathematics grades are not good so, I am scared about my future. Even I know that Suny Buffalo is not that good in Quantitative Finance but still I applied because of my bad grades. If possible, can you please comment on https://www.quantnet.com/conversations/profile-evaluation.18258/
@Azamat Bagatov - I'll definitely do that but still it's really difficult to find their MSF group. Can you comment on https://www.quantnet.com/conversations/profile-evaluation.18258/

Hi PrakharT
I got the acceptance from Buffalo for MS in Finance (Quantiative Finance Track) program.
I too have doubts regarding the curriculum of the course, placement and internship chances at Buffalo.

As you got acceptance 2 months back, did you find any info regarding these doubts?
If yes, please share with me. I am too confuse to take decision about Buffalo.

Only plus point I have is buffalo's cheap tuition and living expenses.

I'm sorry. I must have been unclear in that post. I never actually applied to Buffalo. I was just saying that the best place to find information might be by contacting Buffalo directly. I don't have any connections there, nor do I know anything about them. But that alone scares me. Many schools are realizing that quant programs are just a big cash cow, and thus, make programs that award degrees, but rarely yield jobs. I think Buffalo falls into this category.

Back