MSc Financial Computing at Queen Mary University London

• Thread starter Thread starter kmonks
  • Start date Start date
Hi everyone,

I was looking for quant programs and I came across the MSc in the financial compting program at Queen Mary University in London. What I really like about the program is that it is computationally intensive, with lots of programming modules. However, I couldn't find anything about job prospects after the program. I was hoping someone could throw some light upon it and how good the program really is?

@AppliedMath thank you for your opinion. I tried going through LinkedIn to see the profiles that have taken this program but I could barely find 4-5 of them. Should this be something to worry about when it comes to prospects?

I cannot find placement stats, which may be disconcerting.

That combined with this horrific economy would leave me feeling anything but assured regarding future prospects.

@AppliedMath thank you for your opinion. I tried going through LinkedIn to see the profiles that have taken this program but I could barely find 4-5 of them. Should this be something to worry about when it comes to prospects?

I would be concerned, yes. Most programs in the US provide placement stats. Unless there are placement stats available that I haven't found, or providing placement stats is not a norm for programs in the UK/Europe, I would see it as a red flag.

Back