Need advice for MFE Preparation

I'm entering my senior year of college now and taking the following courses in the Fall:
Numerical Analysis, Investment Science, Introductory Econometrics , Mathematical Physics and Abstract Algebra 1

In the Spring, i'm taking:
Advanced Calculus 1, Financial Instrument Pricing, monte carlo simulation, advanced programming techniques

Math classes already taken: Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Multivariate Calculus, Intro Prob and stats, theory of interest, linear 1, linear 2, statistics, intro to proofs, differential equations,

Actuarial Exams: P, FM, MFE

Planning on applying to an MS Statistics program initially before MFE and concentrate on Time Series analysis and Financial Statistics

Besides having solid work experience which I plan to get before MFE, is there anything else you can suggest ?

I'm entering my senior year of college now and taking the following courses in the Fall:
Numerical Analysis, Investment Science, Introductory Econometrics , Mathematical Physics and Abstract Algebra 1

In the Spring, i'm taking:
Advanced Calculus 1, Financial Instrument Pricing, monte carlo simulation, advanced programming techniques

Math classes already taken: Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Multivariate Calculus, Intro Prob and stats, theory of interest, linear 1, linear 2, statistics, intro to proofs, differential equations,

Actuarial Exams: P, FM, MFE

Planning on applying to an MS Statistics program initially before MFE and concentrate on Time Series analysis and Financial Statistics

Besides having solid work experience which I plan to get before MFE, is there anything else you can suggest ?

Looks like you will come out with strong mathematics/statistics background... so if I were you I would concentrate on Object Oriented programming... like C++... you can start with some online courses...

Back