Network analysis and quantitative finance

I have been doing my prerequisites for an MFE program, and I've started developing an interest in Complexity science and network analysis, as even these fileds require a strong hand in subjects like math, stats, cs. And from what I've read online, network analysis is going to play an increasingly important role in developing a more comprehensive understanding of (including, but not limited to) financial markets as a whole.

So I was actually considering going more in-depth with these, and I was wondering if there are any MFE programs that offer network/complexity science(as a minor?) or offer the opportunities to work in directions that allow you to combine quantitative finance and network science.

And if not, are there any programs or career paths that I should look into?
@APalley @Pavlos Sakoglou @Andy Nguyen

I don't know about the job market but I would say that Complexity and Network Analysis do not directly relate to finance. For them, you need to know _some_ maths but more importantly graph theory and other computer science topics. They are useful to know but as part of a wonder context I reckon.

Knowing CS is not a guarantee that you 'know' maths. Maths is the basis.

Last edited:
It's too fuzzy. I think it is not useful.

The videos also seem be redefining the terms "network analysis" and "complexity" which are well-defined terms in Computer Science. Word inflation (aka hot air).

Last edited:
Back