COMPARE NYU Maths in Finance or Columbia MAFN

My background is Imperial maths undergrad and got accepted by both programs but haven't decided which offer should I accpet. My career prefence is more towards quant research than quant trade. So far, I only gathered some information about both programs piece by piece.

NYU Courant: Seem to dive deeper in maths and better reputation for the career service?

Columbia MAFN: Better title?

Any insight or advice would be super helpful to me and thank you so much in advance!

I am also interested in both of these programs, but decided id prefer CU MAFN over NYU MathFin. Personally, I think that the Columbia program offers more flexibility in terms of courses you can take outside of the required courses, ie taking other courses offered by the math/stats department as electives. Whereas with NYU MathFin, there’s a few set electives that you can choose from and I got the impression they aren’t really open to students taking other courses. For me, this was a pretty important factor.

My assumption on NYU MathFin could be wrong, and would be nice to hear some thoughts on this from alumni.

Back