Personal Project related to volatility modelling or heston model calibration?

I've completed my MFE, but am in the process of looking for work and needing to do some personal projects to bolster my CV.

Currently, I have written a program in python completely from scratch (except using py_vollib for implied vol), that can calibrated the heston model against 500-1000 live options data very fast. It can match the implied vol surface, with a very low RMSE and can get the smirk at small dte's (>=1 day).

What other personal projects could I do that is related to volatility and or SV calibration with live data? Preferably a project that is more of a math project, NOT a coding/infrastructure project.

Hi @Xerium,

What about comparing your output with Implementing Vanna Volga | Math Summaries.

Also, to back out implied vol from option prices, you could try implementing the algorithm from Peter Jackel's paper (Let's be Rational).
I had already implement his By Implication version and have coded up half of his let's be rational version until I realised the py_vollib package is the exact implement of it. I'll check out the link, though.

Back