Please Help: What if you have no intern or work experience at all?

• Thread starter Thread starter MSAD
  • Start date Start date
Hi guys, I'm a senior undergrad in financial math at U of Michigan graduating at the end of fall semester(3.5 years), and I'm currently applying for mfe programs. As the title reads, I'm worried about not getting any ad at all because of the utter absence of relevant experience in the field. No excuses, I am in this situation now only because I was lazy and didn't even think about stuffs before. I did have decent grades (which I thought were all it takes), with a undergrad GPA of 3.978, and for GRE I had v 161, q 168 and 4.5 for w. I'm still targeting any top 20 programs(hopefully that's not too greedy) but I heard that it will be extremely difficult to get admitted if you lack the experience or knowledge as a quant. Not expecting a precise evaluation, but please comment on the viability of my current plan, or please suggest any other programs that can be good for me.
Thanks guys!

Georgia Tech is one school that doesn't give too much weightage to professional exp. I've spoken to one of the admission co-ordinators and was told that most of their students are fresh graduates. Your GPA and GRE are excellent. I'm sure you have good math grades too. You might wanna apply there. But before you do, please go through the course structure and see if that is what you want to do.

Also, there are a bunch of other schools that take in fresh graduates. Go through tracker profiles. I'm sure you will come across many such profiles.

Georgia Tech is one school that doesn't give too much weightage to professional exp. I've spoken to one of the admission co-ordinators and was told that most of their students are fresh graduates. Your GPA and GRE are excellent. I'm sure you have good math grades too. You might wanna apply there. But before you do, please go through the course structure and see if that is what you want to do.

Also, there are a bunch of other schools that take in fresh graduates. Go through tracker profiles. I'm sure you will come across many such profiles.
Thanks Azamat! I worried a lot and even thought of switching to other programs but this is definitely the information I need right now!

Back