Princeton MFin v. Stanford ICME MCF

• Thread starter Thread starter JDB
  • Start date Start date

JDB

A little background: I am graduating this spring with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and have been admitted into both these programs. I am very interested in the growing fin-tech field and looking to get into the programming side of finance. Any thoughts or advice on the differences and pros/cons to each? Thanks.

Stanford MCF hasn't released its placement stats, and as far as I know, the program is heavily academic; some graduates went to PhDs afterwards.

In contrast, Princeton MFin has maintained impressive placement results in the past few years.

That's to say, if you have a plan for PhD, Stanford might be better, but if you really want to break into a top IB, go Princeton for sure.

Last edited:
Stanford MCF hasn't released its placement stats, and as far as I know, the program is heavy academic; some graduates went to PhD.

In contrast, Princeton MFin has maintained impressive placement results in the past few years.

That's to say, if you have a plan for PhD, Stanford might be better, but if you really want to break into a top IB, go Princeton for sure.
Thanks for your input! I do not think as of now, I plan on getting my PhD right through my masters, but am definitely considering it down the line after getting some work experience.

Back