Profile evaluation : Do I have any chance at CMU MFE/Princeton MFin/ MIT MFin

Hi Guys

Following are my credentials:
GMAT : 760 ( Q51 V41)
Cleared CFA Level 3
MBA Finance from India ( not so popular school ) GPA 2.75/4 ( Indian CGPA system isnt exactly similar to usa's)
Electrical engineer

Work ex : 2 years at the time of matriculation. Working as a CMBS modelling analyst.

Do I have any chance of making it to above mentioned programs or will I just be wasting time and money?

Any suggestions will be very helpful

Thanks

Your GPA is very low. While I think the CFA is a nice feather in your cap I don't think it makes up for your academic record. Based strictly on the above I don't think you have a good shot at the institutions you mentioned. Not saying you couldn't get in with some more work but I think the low GPA will kill you at this point.

Your GPA is very low. While I think the CFA is a nice feather in your cap I don't think it makes up for your academic record. Based strictly on the above I don't think you have a good shot at the institutions you mentioned. Not saying you couldn't get in with some more work but I think the low GPA will kill you at this point.
Thanks Jedison for your response.. Ya that is my biggest area of concern right now. But I cant do anything about it now..So I am focussing on things which I have control over at the moment.
I am just hoping that my GMAT score and CFA will counter the low GPA to some extent, because princeton and CMU are my top priorities and both these schools are very selective as far as I know.

You may want to widen your selection to include more programs that you have a realistic chance. You may want to focus on programs that have part-time students and faculty where you can network with people already in the industry and take advantage of the opportunities.
Being in a big city like NYC would be a big plus.

You may want to widen your selection to include more programs that you have a realistic chance. You may want to focus on programs that have part-time students and faculty where you can network with people already in the industry and take advantage of the opportunities.
Being in a big city like NYC would be a big plus.
Thanks @Andy Nguyen . I think your suggestion makes perfect sense. But my main reason for having a narrow range of schools is that being an international student, chances of getting a job in US would decrease as you move down to schools with lower ranking ( my personal opinion ). But considering the reviews from you guys, i think I should broaden the range of schools I would apply to.

Also can you give an example of the kind of school you are referring to, so that I know what to look out for while I am doing research about various schools.

Back