Prop Trading firm in Chicago or Consulting firm working on model validation for a big bank.

• Thread starter Thread starter Dullu
  • Start date Start date
I have two offers one with a prop trading firm(working on predicting main indexes using econometrics and statistical techniques) in chicago area with not that great pay and the other with a consulting firm who is working on model validation and evaluation work for a big bank. But the second one would be based out of argentina. Does any body know the quant salary for argentina(Buenos Aires)?

What do you guys think?

I have no preference as such, but I would like to be quant more than a trader. And ultimately I would want to go back to India.

How did you get a job in Buenos Aires? Do you speak Spanish? Just curious.

I have no preference as such, but I would like to be quant more than a trader. And ultimately I would want to go back to India.
These days, there are so many different flavor of "quant" that your statement amounts to saying you don't know what you want to do. My suggestion is to do some serious soul searching and figure out which one you would want to do.

That was simple. Chicago. The job description and the location make it highly likely that the pay's also going to be higher in the prop firm job.

JDawg : There is a setup of an Indian Consulting group and they contacted me and ofcourse I don't know Spanish.

Yike Lu: I wanted to be a Front desk Pricing Quant. But both of them won't give me any opportunity to advance in that.

kuwantfin : I would like to do a mix of both.

Sushant : The prop firm job is not starting me with a higher salary( Consultancy is giving me a higher salary).

For what it's worth, the consulting gig seems to be closer to pricing. Also, you should realize that derivatives pricing is no longer so hot.

Dullu!!!

I am just wondering about your background (educational)? since, you have these offers?

Back