QN C++ - Beginner or Advanced ?

Hi All,

I am confused between which of the two C++ course to register for. I want to begin the course from 6th Nov.
I have 4 years of Software Engineering experience. In my professional capacity, I have mainly worked with Java, kotlin and golang.
During my college days, I have used C++ for competitive programming. As a result of which, I am pretty familiar with STL and data structures in C++.

In the syllabus for C++ for financial engineering, except for part 5 and 6, I am comfortable with other parts. Though I have not done oop in C++, I have done it extensively in Java.

Another consideration in my mind while choosing the course - I am applying for fall'24 mfe programs. So I am thinking that maybe I register for the beginner C++ course and finish it in 2-2.5 months by the time of interviews for these programs. Hopefully this strengthen my chances.
The advanced course I won't be able to finish in 2-2.5 months.

Which of two should I go for ?
Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Thanks for your suggestion.

About templates - In theory. I am out of practice in C++, I would have to revise. The closest approximation of C++'s template is generics in Java, but that is not as popular as templates in C++.

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion.

About templates - In theory. I am out of practice in C++, I would have to revise. The closest approximation of C++'s template is generics in Java, but that is not as popular as templates in C++.
And from a structural point of view, generics were added to Java very late in the game. And it's not to everyone's taste.

Back