Quant Dev To Quant Trading/Research

Hello, it's my first post here and I'd very much appreciate your advice.

Some background: did undergrad in CS with a good amount of additional math courses at a target uni in Europe. After undergrad worked as a software engineer at a BB then decided to do an ML/stats master's at the same uni (it's a 2 years program). Secured a quant dev internship at Optiver/DRW/SIG/IMC for this summer. Some previous non-finance experience as well: such as teaching assistant and a FAANG internship.

I have some good things going in research with prospects of publishing together with my advisor in a top journal before the next recruitment season (Bayesian Networks in cancer treatment).

Last recruitment season I only did one QT intern interview (JS), rest of the interviews were for QD intern positions.

Ideally, I'd like to secure a FT QT/QR position out of the grad school. What's my play here?

Any advice on securing the interviews and prepping will be highly appreciated.

Some questions:
How hard will it be for me to get interviews without a prior QT/QR internship?
Should I apply to both QT and QR at the same shop or should I focus only on one position per shop?
Should I apply also for the internship positions for more visibility?
Assuming I get a FT offer after my QD internship would it be possible to ask for interviews at the same shop but for QT/QR?
I'm quite familiar with the QT interviewing format but could you tell me where is the focus in QR interviews?
Thanks a lot!

Back