Resume Review for MFE Applications for the 2024 cycle

• Thread starter Thread starter arohan
  • Start date Start date
Hi all, I plan on applying for MFE programs in the US this year (starting uni in 2024) and was working on building my applications. In the process, I was seeking for insights anyone might have on my resume, strictly from an admissions perspective (not from a job perspective). Can someone help review my resume and share any insights they may have on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Target schools: Princeton MFin, Stanford ICME, MIT MFin, UC Berkley MFE, CMU MSCF, Baruch MFE, Columbia MFE, NYU MFE, Columbia MFE, Cornell MFE, UCLA MFE, UChicago FinMath

Attachments

That looks amazing, really solid. The only thing you left out that I thought was standard was a short list of relevant coursework. However, from the work experience and the stochastic analysis real-option's for infrastructure utilizing Monte Carlo methods, I gather you're doing alright in that department. Because you've graduated your work experience is definitely more important, which is probably why you left that out. Just an old-grad vs. fresh-grad difference.

I'm not sure I'd change anything, it's pretty well done.

That looks amazing, really solid. The only thing you left out that I thought was standard was a short list of relevant coursework. However, from the work experience and the stochastic analysis real-option's for infrastructure utilizing Monte Carlo methods, I gather you're doing alright in that department. Because you've graduated your work experience is definitely more important, which is probably why you left that out. Just an old-grad vs. fresh-grad difference.

I'm not sure I'd change anything, it's pretty well done.
Thanks for the inputs. And yes, the reason I haven’t mentioned ‘relevant courses’ is because it’s already pretty much reflected in my work ex, projects and other stuff and unis anyway request transcripts and essays so that is something that I tough I could talk about there.

Thanks for the inputs. And yes, the reason I haven’t mentioned ‘relevant courses’ is because it’s already pretty much reflected in my work ex, projects and other stuff and unis anyway request transcripts and essays so that is something that I tough I could talk about there.
Hello @arohan , would you mind sharing how your admission process went i.e, what all unis you applied for and their results?
Also, can I dm you, would like to get some advice, planning to apply for 2025 ' Fall MFEs.

Hello @arohan , would you mind sharing how your admission process went i.e, what all unis you applied for and their results?
Also, can I dm you, would like to get some advice, planning to apply for 2025 ' Fall MFEs.
Sure, feel free to DM. Applied to 7 schools (Princeton, CMU, UCB, Chicago, Cornell, MIT, NYU Tandon). Got 3 admits (UCB, CMU, Chicago).

Back