Risk measurement, capital management and validation

I am interested in reaching out to like-minded "consultant quants" who are entrepreneurial, ideally have years of consulting or development experience in bespoke development & validation of credit, market or operational risk measurement models and in risk capitalization. Specifically, I am interested in a partnership structure (no salary but paid by clients) to develop and grow a consulting business aimed at banks, investment banks, asset managers, insurance companies, regulators and work as sub-contractor to the Tier 1 or 'Big 4. I have a detailed business plan in place with very attractive returns.

By way of background, I have been working for a European boutique consulting firm for over 17 years, based out of Germany, UK and Dubai, and am now moving to Canada. I would like to replicate a similar model in Canada/US, set up a boutique providing full coverage in the areas of Basel II/III, independent validation and risk/finance project advisory. Looking forward to hearing from the 'like-minded' entrepreneurial quants.

Hi Content_guy. I have a lot of the same interests as you do. I'm relatively new to a quant-oriented career, but have been pulling and manipulating large datasets for about 3 years now. I've had exposure to econometrics routines and programming languages including SAS, SQL, VBA & C++. I'm also an entrepreneurial thinker as I've been involved in my family business for 14 years.

I'm not suggesting that I'm an ideal partner just yet, but I do see some similarities in our interests. I think there's a lot of opportunity in what you're talking about. I also think there are even more untapped opportunities in other industries for big data analytics. Add me on LinkedIn if you want. Always looking to talk about new ideas! Thanks!

Back